Saturday 9 May 2015

[ REVIEW ] Zero Sebum All Day Matte Gel by ETUDE HOUSE

So, this is what I just bought recently. Just arrived last week and I guess it's still new in the market. I've never came across this thing before and I thought this product is really exciting!

http://www.hummingdaze.com/tea/wp-content/uploads/2015/03/tumblr_nkjq4sZuBX1tlvzvao1_1280.png 

Out of this 3, I decided to pick the tube on the right, which is.. as the title say, it's a matte gel. Just like what I said on my previous post . I was quite uncertain to buy this product because of the size. Only 65ml. I thought that I would use it regularly like a BB cream. However, I think this is really worth it compared to the center one.. I read somewhere that it's like a stick that you should apply especially on T-Zone when it's getting oily, and then rub it tissue, and it claims to be able removing the oil completely, but I guess you have to repeat and re-do the same thing over and over again...








I guess the writing and everything is so clear that I don't have to re-type everything again. Hehe. The weather was so bright when I took these pictures, and the color of this box simply supported everything. The color is so bright right? Haha..
So, From the box itself, I really love it. Unlike other ETUDE HOUSE packaging, which mostly is a glossy box, this one is like a thin box that is made of quite thin cardboard. Well, it may be damaged or torn if you want to keep the box, 'cause I decided to do so. May be they want to create an initial image of "matte" even before you open up the box.
Don't get fooled too.. The box has the same height for 100ml tube, but it's just a lie.. Hahahahaha

So, as the product itself...



Same with box.. The tube is matte white color and appear to be not glossy as well.. They clearly want to create that image so badly. Don't you think this color makes you feel a bit refreshed or somehow? This mint color is so rare among beauty product. Hahaha.
And then.. The smell is quite typical! I feel like I bumped into this kind of smell somewhere, and it's also like a gel-type but for medicine care.. However this product's smell is not that strong. Besides that, it's also sealed so... Safe!





So, about this, just like what I mentioned above... This should be applied on oily parts.. Such as T-Zone, and in my case is like chin part, and some small parts on cheeks, where usually pimples popped up. It depends on your skin condition. BE ALERT THAT It's only for oily skin!
However, this only gives us temporary effect. Not that long lasting.. In my case for this demonstration, even when I'm staying in an air-conditioning room, after 3 - 4 hours after applying, the T-Zone part especially, will become oily again.. And I have to re-apply again..


Let's try it out~!


In my case, the most oily part on my face is on my T-Zone.. So crucial that no matter how many times I try to wipe it off with hand, tissue or oil paper, it just keeps coming out..


So, You don't need so much, like how you apply a foundation. If for your case, the oily part is almost anywhere, I don't know what to tell you, to be honest.. Hehehe..
Mine, not only T-Zone, but also chin, the apple zone on my cheek, but not so much as T-Zone.
You only need this amount, and then apply it on T-Zone with circular motion, down to the nose, until you feel that every part has covered perfectly. It smells like a glue, but not leaving sticky feels on your face


Conclusion:
You don't really have to buy this for preventing sebum and oil all over your face. In my case, I usually place some blotting papers on the oily areas. It's cheaper and handy. Other than that... Umm.. I think there are still other substitute, but still from ETUDE HOUSE too, but not exactly like this, gel type.
If you still want to buy, I think you should pick up the powder pact too

PROS:1. Honestly, it does a great job. My skin ends up not really dry, but moist~
2. Since it's a small tube, it's still convenient to bring it anywhere as you skincare routine
3. Smells great, for me personally. Even though it's almost like medicine.. Or glue?


CONS: 
1. Only last for 3 - 4 hours in an air-conditioning room. So, for outdoor, I guess less than that, and what I can suggest you is you should buy the powder pact too. 
2. I think it's a bit expensive..?


DO I WANT TO REPURCHASE? 
Not really........... Hmmm...


RATE: 4/5 

6 comments:

  1. Thank you review nya, lagi bingung nih milih ini atau etude face blur ^_^

    esybabsy.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the comment...
      Sorry baru bales yah...
      Tapi ini bukan foundation atau primer say.. Cuma buat mengurangi sebum dalam bentuk gel.. :)

      Delete
  2. hmm i guess it doesnt really give a great effect
    wanna buy this one ;; but i guess not anymore

    thank you for your review
    http://livedasaverb.blogspot.co.id

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sorry for just answering your comment now..

      Yup, it does not really give any effect, it feels sticky and ends up being oily again.. I stay in an air-conditioned room tho'.. -_-
      I think the powder will give more effective effect..

      Delete
  3. Aku pake gel ini dan powdernya. Baru 2 mingguan tp bener2 mengurangi banget, kalo di aku sih bisa bertahan 6-7 jam asal ga kehapus air. Kalo kehapus air tinggal reapply aja hehehe

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete